Monday, February 13, 2006

Insights

I recently attended a conference on privacy and the discussions that arose made me think about the recent cases of Campbell (supermodel) and Von Hannover case.

What was perhaps surprising was that there was less attention given about privacy on the internet. I say this because there appears to be a focus on the mainstream media such as newspapers (online/offline) and television but nothing on blogging and podcasting (where users do rely as their alternative source of information). Although the conference was both informative and interesting, I would have liked more discussion in these areas.

I would definitely recommend the book entitled Genetic privacy by Graeme Laurie. The book touches on the issues of genetics and its implications on privacy. Worth reading!

No comments: