Thursday, February 16, 2006

Papers to write

I have been busy trying to write a paper which I hope to submit to a conference in Germany. As it raises some vital questions about data protection and its direction, I am keen that the paper is accepted, so that I am given the opportunity to discuss about this. I can't say anything more on this, but if accepted, I will make this available at some point later in the year.

Diverging from this slightly, Art. 29 Working Party (established under the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC) has issued a paper on whistleblowing compliance.

The Working Party reported that cultural differences around the EU have made it impractical to issue general guidance at this stage. It has therefore chosen to focus on those areas that need guidance most – especially those affected by new legislation such as the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which penalises firms that do not comply with whistleblowing rules.

More details can be found here.

No comments: